Skip to main content

Shopping sure is a girl's bestfriend!

I've been told to stop shopping by Sham. Okay, so maybe i went a little overboard. But, it's very hard to turn it down! Besides, i'm not shopping for myself, i'm shopping for our little girl. But i suppose he is right. She will be growing rapidly fast, and in no time, she'll have to change into new sizes. So i really ought to chill. :)

I still have not managed to get the MotherCare membership. I'm $70 short of the total $300 to get it. :( Slowly but surely, i'll get that card! :D Anyways, i love their range for their onsies! I've raved about it in a previous post, and i will continue to rave at how awesome i think it is. I love the material, patterns and most of all, $48 for a pack of 7 short sleeved onesies or $50 for a pack of 7 long-sleeved ones? TOTAL STEAL!

The only problem i have with it is that the girls section, everything is all pinks, whites, purples, yellows etc but in the boys section, you get blacks and navy blues! I don't see why they don't have those colours for girls too. As you might have guessed it, i bought boys onesies for my little girl. Only because they are way COOLER. :) I also saw a 3 for $20 pants as well as 3 for $3 button t-shirts, together, makes it perfect for either pyjamas, or day wear out! And yes, i grabbed them from the boys section too!! *BEAMS*

Look how cute it is! With those cute animals. I love it because the animals look so silly. I burst out laughing when i picked it up. Can you spot the hippo? It's the silliest of the lot! The onesies are my absolute favourite!! Because it's all so nautical! Plus, i also have a nautical dress, would be so matching with my little girl. Now to get Sham something nautical too! Besides being all nautical, some were printed with cute little robots, which i adore! That's why i posted it up at the top as Daddy Sham and Mummy Cher. :)

Now i just need to find some cool punk rock baby clothes and i'll feel complete! I know i'll never find it here in singapore, but i'm sure i can find it online, or you know what? I'll just create my own! Yes, that's a brilliant idea!

So i just stalled away and decided to Google for some, and VIOLA! I hit jackpot!

(Photo credits go to www.punkbabyclothes.net)

I love it! Now i'm so tempted to make an online order, but i know Sham would kill me, so perhaps, i'll beg him to order some! :) Heh. I know there's alot of people here in Singapore who don't believe that kids/babies/toddlers should be in anything with skulls on them. To me that's all Taboo. I'm fine with it,  i think it's art and, well, if you don't appreciate something like this, your problem really. Just don't come preaching to me about it please. Thanks.

Anyways, i picked up Princess K's first stuffed toy as well as a soft blankie from MotherCare as well. It's SO SOFT and very cuddly! So i can't wait to get her crib in, so i can get right into decorating her cot with all things comfy and some little toys. :) I've named the giraffe Shmit. We also received some new ones during my baby shower, but i'll save that for another post.

I'm starving, so i guess this is my cue to end this post. I'm craving a whole bunch of stuffs. From 126 Dim Sum from Geylang, to Rochor Beancurd to Adam road's Prawn Noodles. Sigh. How to eat everything??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Checkup at the Docs!

So yesterday was my monthly check up with my Doc to see if our baby is doing well, im doing well etc. Was so excited to go down to see Dr Heng (She's attached to Parkway East Hospital) because then i finally get to see my little ninja during the ultrasound scan! Only thing i wasn't looking forward to was taking my blood test. I can take tattoos, i like getting inked. But needles, i can't take needles. Anyways, In December, i had to head down to the hospital to get a scan done. Think its called the 'Fetal Abnormality Scan', where they check if everything is growing at the proper rate, and all that jizz. So i collected the documents as well as the photos, though we couldn't get a 3D scan of her face because she absolutely refused to turn around to show her face on that day, so we don't have a frigging 3D scan. I'm quite bummed about that really. So the people at the hospital told me to make sure i bring it down to my next appointment visit with Dr Heng so ...

Pouty Jolie Lips!

Guess who's got Angelina Jolie's lips? *Drum roll* Our little girl!!! I had my check up today and when my doc was taking a picture of my little girl for me, we caught her pouty lips this time round! My doc was all, "You're daughter has Angelina's lips! Pouty!" and you know what? It is just like her Mummy! :D  Looks like Daddy is going to have a tough time with boys in the future! Heh. Check out her pout! So i was initially freaking out when i had to take my weight at the Docs, only because i put on 2kilos in a span of 3 weeks! That is ALOT to me! But then after my check up, my doc told me, it's not so much me this time round, it's actually our little girl who had packed on the pounds. Last check up, she was tall and slim, and doc told me to eat more so that she puts on more weight, so i'm really glad that she's starting to fatten up now! She weighed about 1.4kilos and today she weighs 2.1kilos !! So my doc reckons, by the time i finally pop, ...

What defines a good Mother?

Compared to Westerners and Europeans, Asians tend to be more closed-minded. Even speaking about sex is such a taboo. Seeing young parents, especially Mothers here, are somewhat frowned upon. Whereas i find it tends to be slightly more accepted in places out of Asia. I wouldn't say i had a very traditional Asian upbringing. I mean i'm sure most of you have heard stories about how in Asian homes, children stay in their family home till they marry. As for me, i moved out of mine at 18. Anyways, what all this brings me to is that, i've been able to make my own decisions and live by them. Some were not so good decisions but as the saying goes, "If i could make my own bed, i jolly well better be able to lie in it". Now that i am a mother, the decisions i make don't only matter to me but to this little girl, whom i owe my all to give her all the world has to offer.  What really annoys me about living here in Singapore, is that people can be so bleedy vocal about thei...