Skip to main content

Low Self Esteem Post-Pregnancy?!

I've had writers block for months to be honest. I felt things were just getting pretty monotonous with this blog and just lost my motivation to write for a while. Then i thought, this is not only a baby blog! It's for you, the mummies, who take the time to read about my journey. I wanted to be able to write about things that bothered me as a mom. Things that not many would write about. Things that truly were embarassing or even ashamed to talk about. So you could share this part of my journey too and know that if you feel like how i do, you are not alone! :)

Well, as the title suggest, i had a bout of self esteem problems right after Kiara came along. This was totally new to me! I was always very confident about myself. I loved how i looked, talked, walked etc. I loved my flaws too. I guess that was also because i somehow managed to maintain the slim figure etc. I was even very confident about myself when i was pregnant. I felt beautiful. (Note: Not all pregnant women seems to feel the same and that is totally normal too.)

Then Kiara came along and it was like a downward spiral. I don't know if many people actually take notice of how much a woman's body actually changes just to bring a new life into this world. Our skin is stretched like a baloon, we put on what to us, seems like a tonne of weight and post baby, everything becomes so 'bleh'. You suddently have an empty stomach which initially (and will take a couple of months to tighten back again) will look like a sagging blob of skin. You have a million stretch marks all around like you've been in a fight with a tiger and all this extra weight just hanging around!!


Every woman always has something that she's proud of. Either her face, legs, boobs, ass, whole figure. I always felt sexy (pre-baby). I was always the girl with the curves and boy did i embrace it. Then post-baby, i felt ugly. Ashamed of how i looked! I looked into the mirror and what stared back at me was just hidious. I hated how i looked. I started to dress in shabby clothes. I just couldn't stand the way i looked.

I know for a fact that i was ashamed to be sexually active with Sham too. I mean, if i couldn't stand the sight of myself, how could he? What more NAKED?! I truly struggled to feel even remotely pretty again. And because of how i felt, i lost motivation to even work out. I lost the need to do anything about myself for a while. But that is not right. I was that girl who loved being pretty once. Who loved taking pictures, who loved modeling and damn right loved walking down a runway. I could not let myself just die like that. So slowly i began to eat proper. To shed a little weight bit by bit.

I'm no where near where i want to be just yet in terms of how my body is. But when i look at the mirror now, what stares back does not repulse me anymore. So if you feel anyway like i did, hang in there. Don't lose yourself. Get up, fight back and start working hard to achieve how you want to look again! My goal is to look and feel sexy again. Not for Sham or anyone else. But for ME. Because i want to feel confident of myself again, confident of how i look. And you should too.

It took a lot of courage to write about how i felt about myself then. And i won't lie, some parts made me cry. I wanted to be able to share this part of me, so that maybe if you're feeling the same, you know you are not alone. We can do this! We can achieve looking good again! I've started on a BodyRock 30 day challenge, working out for just a mere 12minutes a day, 5 days a week. I'm sure you can commit that much too, that way, we're one step closer to becoming newer, better looking US! Here's a video of the BodyRock Day 1 exercise, looks easy but trust me, left me aching all over.

 

We can do this ladies! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog today. And hopefully, i will be able to bring you more of my journey, post baby. :)

Comments

  1. Great! its a good information. Thank you for sharing it. My sister is pregnant, she needs pregnancy chart to care herself at the pregnancy time week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your informative post.its helpful to understand it.keep blogging.
    Baby Food Preparation And Storage


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's