Skip to main content

Nails Did: A Gelish Good Time!

Over the weekend, my girlfriend Aishah and I had some girlie time together and what better way to spend it than to pamper ourselves with a manicure! Not just any manicure, a Gelish one!!

I've always been a great fan of gel overlay nails though i've never done them before because of how every nail therapist i go to always tell me i have very good nail beds and i shouldn't spoil them by having gel overlays. (They sort of file your nail's surface down to make it thinner or something like that i believe) You would think they'd try and sell it to me so their shop would make more $$ but i'm glad that they're honest with me. :)

So basically, Gelish applies on the nail the same way any other polish is applied, WITHOUT FILING ON THE NAIL SURFACE. It is then cured under a UV light. After its cured, its done. No need to wait for it to dry like normal polish. Yes, you read that right, it is done, finished, ready to go after its cured! You have to remove it by soaking it off with acetone. So you can even paint over your gelish manicure and use a normal mail polish remover and your pretty gelish nails underneath would not be harmed! :D It's so AMAZING! Oh and they last a good 3 weeks!!

Here's our beautiful nails! Aishah did a more simple french tip as she can't go crazy on her nail designs due to her line of work.

I went more loud, well, because i'm a stay home mum! I wanted to have a clear top so that at least when my nails grow out, it would not be as obvious. What's so great about Gelish is that they remain nice and shiny through out, they don't chip off like normal polish does. I've been doing laundry, dishes, scrubbing the toilet etc and my nails still look as perfect as they did when i first got them done. Now isn't that amazing or what?!

Our lovely nails were done by LadeeKim. She does nails only over the weekends at her house. She's also having a promotion where you can get your Gelish manicure done for just $30! Click the link above to go to her page which is filled with more info. :) Now i'm going back to stare at my pretty nails since Kiara is snoozing. Ciao!

 

Comments

  1. Pretty nails! I wish I'm the sort who can commit to a single color for weeks, so I can try out Gelish =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally should! Plus you can paint over them should you get tired of it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed that Gelish is fab! Love your fun designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the purple tips! (: haha and the little gems look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now days there is a revolution in every field whether it is science and technology or whether it beauty tips. We are human beings and we love to experiment a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rachel! Can't wait till i get my next one done this weekend! :D I like the purple one too, love that se used real glitter and stuck them on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black and sliver glitter combi looks Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's