Skip to main content

Pouty Jolie Lips!

Guess who's got Angelina Jolie's lips? *Drum roll* Our little girl!!! I had my check up today and when my doc was taking a picture of my little girl for me, we caught her pouty lips this time round! My doc was all, "You're daughter has Angelina's lips! Pouty!" and you know what? It is just like her Mummy! :D  Looks like Daddy is going to have a tough time with boys in the future! Heh.

Check out her pout!

So i was initially freaking out when i had to take my weight at the Docs, only because i put on 2kilos in a span of 3 weeks! That is ALOT to me! But then after my check up, my doc told me, it's not so much me this time round, it's actually our little girl who had packed on the pounds. Last check up, she was tall and slim, and doc told me to eat more so that she puts on more weight, so i'm really glad that she's starting to fatten up now! She weighed about 1.4kilos and today she weighs 2.1kilos!! So my doc reckons, by the time i finally pop, she'll weigh about 3.6kilos, boy is that one heavy baby! So long as she's heathy, i have no complains! (No wonder my back has been aching so bad lately!!)

Which reminds me, a friend of mine told me that MotherCare is having a mega sale down at Harbour Front! I SO WANT TO GO! So here's some info for you!

I've told Sham about it, so now i can't wait till we can go too! Ooh! The sale couldn't have come at a better time! Do check out their webpage for more info, MotherCare SG

Last week, i hauled a little during a flea i was having for my online shop. I've a new found love for fleas and their cheap stuffs! So i picked up some cosmetics, as everyone should know, i'm a sucker for! It just so happen to be from the booth next to mine which was selling cosmetics from $6-$10 only! They carried brands like Maybelline, Nyx etc. I don't know what has gotten into me, but lately i've come to realise that i'm SO into lipsticks. I never was one into it, and now i suddenly am! Which is so weird! Here's my loot anyways!

I love Nyx products! I bought my first Nyx lipstick last year, Circe which is one of their popular shades for a nude lip followed by a nice pinky shade, B52 which i think is amazing. I love the texture of their lippies which are creamy! Only that they don't last long on your lips, but hey, for $6 a lipstick, i should not be complaining! So at the flea, i picked up Doll and Terra Cotta.

Doll is on the pinky side, with a sort of raspberry colour undertone which is great for my skin tone! (I'm more to the yellow undertone so anything on the pinkier side, is good for me.) I love the colour and it reminds me of Spring for some reason. Perhaps its a 'Spring' kinda colour? As for Terra Cotta, it's not usually a colour i would pick out as it's more to the brown shade. It's a deep shade of reddish-brown, but sometimes it comes across as a little orangey peachy if you know what i mean. For my skin tone, i find Terra Cotta is a little too deep to wear in the day, but would be a perfect shade for the evening or night wear.

I also picked up Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind liquid foundation which was going at $10 which i have yet to try. It's such a dewy colour, my shade is Natural Ivory Light 3 if anyone was wondering. Like i said above, my skin is more to the yellow undertone, so i try and pick out items that are dewy and more on the pinkier tone so that i look 'livelier'. Both my mother and Sham have commented on how pale my skin is, i blame it on my quarter Chinese blood. I've tested the foundation on my hand and it blends real well leaving my skin smooth. I'll update more when i use it properly. :)

The other Maybelline item is also in their Instant Age Rewind range, but is their Cream Compact Foundation. I tried this today when i went for my check up at the Docs, i LOVE it! I was a little worried that it might come out cakey, but it didn't. It blended well into my skin, and i had such a flawless finish. I didn't even have to use concealer for my under eyes! And what they say is so true, a little goes a long way. Oh, yes, both items are Spf18 each!

Oh yes, about 2 weeks ago, some new stock i ordered into my online shop arrived, and i fell inlove with W7's Mega Matte Lips. W7 is a drug store brand in the UK, probably sold in Boots. I decided to buy myself 3 out of their 5 shades. Yes i said BUY. I still have to pay for the items i want, even if it is from my own 'shop' because, well, that's business. So as i was saying, their Mega Matte Lips comes in little tubes, like lip glosses, but once you apply it, it dries matte on your lips! (Just as the name suggests!) It also lasts really long, so touch ups don't come often! I love how natural the colour looks, only problem is that i have naturally dry lips, so this makes it extra dry. But that's the price you pay for beauty!

There is 2 other shades, Danger Red and Nude. So if anyone is interested, check it out here Crimson Rose - W7 Cosmetics

Oh yes, i also picked up some new OPI lacquers. They were just $12 at the flea. Such a steal! And one booth even sold me the first for $12, second for $10 and third for $8! I also picked up the much raved aout Sache Vite top coat which is the fastest drying topcoat. I EFFING LOVE IT!! Best buy ever! Plus, i'm so impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to try, so this is like the perfect thing for me and impatient people alike.

Such pretty colours eh? So i ended up painting this on my nails last Friday, using OPI's It's Totally Fort Worth It as a base and a plain black for the patterns. It's a little messy, only because i got lazy half way. LOL

That's all i have for today. I'll leave you with a picture of our 'son', GumGum the cat who was nicely basking in the sun earlier today. Thanks for reading! :):)


Comments

  1. Ok WHERE are Princess K's LIPS?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There! I uploaded a better picture which sham edited so you can see what is what. Check the lips cuz! Oh what big lips your have Little K!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehee... you must be delighted to finally see her features :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh yes much better! Awesome man! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel - Oh yes! Now i am so tempted to get a 3D scan of her done! But i might as well be patient. Just a month and i get to meet her in person! This is also going to be my longest month ever!

    Nix - Thanks cuz! Now i just have to try to get a snap of her feet or hands when she presses againts my tumtum! That would be the ultimate picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided not to do the 3D scan coz I wanted to be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's