Skip to main content

Selamat datang di Batam!

(Title translates to: Welcome to Batam! in bahasa.)

So the better half had 10 days off from work since he was changing jobs. Well, not really changing jobs. Just changing company and a more senior position. Very proud of him! :D With so much free time, we decided, why not go for a short getaway?! And getaway we did!

Initially we were thinking, hey, why not visit my relatives in Perth, but thought it was way too early for Kiara to be on a flight, so on a ferry we go! We've never been to Batam ever! (Batam is one of Indonesia's many beautiful islands) Knowing it was just 50mins away by ferry, it was a no brainer, we were definitely going! Thank goodness Sham did K's passport in time, we picked it up one day before we left!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn resort which shocked me because when we were booking our room, i just thought it was a normal single room, but when we got there, it was a 2 bed room apartment! Oh how i miss our room already!

Upon settling in, i decided, i need a massage! Tea-tree spa is located in the resort itself, (of course, it would be cheaper to go to the Spa's in Nagoya city) and got ourselves booked for an appointment each. I went first, so Sham could watch K while i had my rub down. OH MY GOODNESS! It was DIVINE! I had an avacado body scrub followed by traditional balinese massage. Oh wow! I was very much in need of that! :D Sham went an hour after me and he came back telling me how he fell asleep so many times and woke up to his own snores! :p

I think we ought to do another weekend getaway again, and next time round, i want to go for as many spas as possible! Oh how my body needs a good pampering! If you're a shopper, don't bother with Batam. Nothing much to shop really. But i did however come home with a $700 purchase! :p Sham bought me the Canon G12 which i've been eyeing for a long while now. Its a semi-pro and to be honest, i'm still learning to use all the different nobs etc on it. It captures AH-MAIZING photographs and i intend to learn to take great pictures of Baby K. :D

Say hello to my new baby. :)

(If anyone is interested, i think i saw this retailing at SGD$849 at Challenger, i got mine at SGD$700 including a 8GB memory card in Nagoya City in Batam)

Anyways, Kiara fully enjoyed having many bubble baths as well as swimming in the pool. I just know she'll be a water baby like i was! I love water and swimming! :D

On the overall, we had a wonderful time together. I think in a way, it also gave Sham & I some cuddle time together, we haven't had some 'US' time in a while and it was great that we could. :D When you have kids, you'll realize that it's so hard to do the things you used to, like dating, dinner, drinks, movie etc. Now we've got to make time! Thats why i always tell my friends who are trying for kids, "Enjoy each other now, because when the kids come, it will be harder".

I can't wait for our next holiday. So where shall we venture to next? ;)

XOXO,

 

 

 

Comments

  1. aww you guys are such a cute, beautiful family :) Kiara's gna be as gorgeous as her parents, ahh she's so adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. kiara so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hong Kong next! Hahaha! Her bumblebee swimsuit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! :D She's definitely going to grow up to be a beautiful girl. I and her father will be ready with baseball bats for the boys who might want to date her. :p

    Oh yeah man! I wanna go to HK so bad! Shop and indulge in glorious chinese food! I need to go find out when it is summer sale/best time to go. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's