Skip to main content

Globe Trotting: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yay! Kiara has finally taken her first flight! And what a ride it was! Amazingly, she fell right asleep when we were just about to take off en route to KL! She didn't cry or anything. Not even when we were on the way back to Singapore! So proud of our little girl. (But that's probably because KL is only about a 30 minute flight from Singapore)

I'm really glad that my parents, aka Nanna & Papa, decided to join us there. Its our first family trip in years! I'm extreamly close to my family so having them around 24/7 was great! Plus that also meant extra hands to help when it came to Kiara. :)

We booked an apartment at the Ascott, which is a serviced apartment, in the heart of the city. It was literally 3mins away from KLCC (KL's twin towers)!! I loved our apartment! I really wasn't expecting it to be that big! So for our first day in, we just did some grocery shopping at KLCC and my step-dad cooked some pasta for dinner. Later that night, most of our friends (a good 10 of them) who also came up to KL for a party they were going to attend at Sepang, arrived. They too had an apartment booked, though at a higher floor with 3 bedrooms. :) But here's how our apartment looked like;

So on our second day in, i decided to follow my parents to meet a good friend of theirs who is currently residing in KL. We went to Bangsar to have our lunch and some coffee and do some pocket damage, i bought some shoes for Kiara which were on sale, you'll see that later in this post.

Later that evening, dove up to Klang for the much anticipated seafood spread for dinner. I remember telling Eliza, my parent's friend, that i hope the seafood is really good because my gosh, we were on the road for what seemed like ages! We reached our destination in an hour an a half. Let the pictures do some talking,

The first picture is their version of Oyster eggs. Unlike the Singapore which has starch in them, this just was eggs on a hot plate 'sprinkled' with oysters on the top. I can't comment much on that as i don't eat oysters. The steamed black pomfret was divine! It just melted in your mouth! Now on to my favourite, the first of the crab dishes that arrived was the black pepper one, i decided to skip that as again, i'm not a big fan of the black pepper version. But what came next was an explosion of flavours! I've never tried Salted Egg Crabs and i was first quite reluctant, but my oh my! Just looking at the picture now, i'm drooling to have more! *I'm determined to find a good seafood restaurant here in Singapore that makes it*

On our last day, was THE day i was waiting for. The drive up to Sunway Pyramid. Why? Because INGLOT has finally opened it's first flagship store here in Asia. More about that in my next post. Sunway Pyramid is packed to the brim with activities and rows upon rows of shops for the young and old. There was a ferris wheel in the mall itself and we really wanted to go on it with Kiara, but she fell asleep by that time. There's heaps of rides and games in the basement, so if you have kids that place would be great for you as well!

I fully enjoyed our short getaway to KL, i can't wait till we decide on our next destination. Where shall Kiara's tiny feet go to next? Hong Kong? Taiwan? Thailand? Till the next Globe Trotting post!

ps: i borrowed my sister-in-law's pram because ours is the Quinny Buzz which weighs a tonne! Okay, i'm exaggerating. But we needed a sort of light weight one. So we took her Quinny Zapp which weighs about 8kg? Remember folks, if you have a tod yourself, best to invest in a lightweight stroller for travelling especially. :)

 

 

Here's a funny conversation i had with Sham while i was typing this out;

ME: Babe, how would you describe the things we saw for kiddies in the basement of Sunway Pyramid?

Sham: There's alot of things for babies/kids. Alot of shops. There was even a CASSEROLE.

ME: What on earth is a Casserole? You mean a CAROUSEL?

BOTH OF US: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Comments

  1. casserole! LOL too cute!
    kiara is sooooooooooooooooo pretty la!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! great post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - i know right! I was a bit stunner at first, thinking what casserole did he see? Then it hit me! HAHAHAHA. And thank you! She's starting to look a little like me too! YAY!

    inbliss01- thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha on the CASSEROLE!!!!! hehee... :)
    Kiara has such a pretty face!!!!
    I am glad to see a 'meaty' baby!!! love those thighs and cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hazel! Oh yes she's VERY meaty! LOL. I quite like meaty babies too! Plus makes her look cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's