Skip to main content

Pocket Damage: INGLOT KL [Swatchfest!]

I remember walking into Sunway Pyramid and feeling a wave of excitment that i just could not contain. I had the biggest smile on my face and bursting with imaginations of what to expect. We decided to have lunch first as we knew we were definitely going to spend an hour minumum in the store, so best get some energy from some yummy grub first! (Actually, lunch was horrible! We dined at a restaurant which served Penang laksa etc, was just not worth the money at all.)

I was glad i had a fellow make-up junkie and really good friend, Aishah, who was joining me for this much anticipated journey to Sunway Pyramid. Of course, both our partners came along with Kiara in tow. :) Aishah had tried one of their flackies polish when we had our nails did with Kim a while back and was determined to get them and get them she did! In fact the minute we entered the store, she went right to the Nail Polish rack and told the lovely BA that she wanted all the flackies they had!

Aishah spent a long time swatching away on various neutral shades, she wanted a palette ideal for work. My mother who was initially supposed to tag along decided to join her friend instead for some famous Bak Kut Teh (its a delicious pork stew so to speak) that Eliza was going to bring them to. She did however leave me with a task, to get her a palette too! I had fun picking my mum's shades, she's a little more loud compared to me. Here's her palette, i did not swatch any and i apologise as i forgot to ask her for the shades i picked. :l

**Till today, she has not swatched any shades because according to her, "They're too pretty." -_____-**

Now onto my bunch of goodies. I spent what seemed like forever trying to pick out the perfect shades and asked a million and 1 questions to the lovely BA who very willingly helped me fully understand the products. The BA also mentioned how the products were PARABAN free, now i can't for the life of me, remember if it was all products or just some that are paraban free. For those of you unfamiliar with Ingot products, especially their eyeshadow range, here's some info for you. :)

  • Inglot eyeshadows goes by numbers not shade colour 131, 05 , 382 etc
  • After their numbers, they are followed by their finishes.

 

  1. MATTE = Well, no prices guessing what that means!
  2. AMC = "Advanced Makeup Component (I find most are pretty much matte but with sparkles in them)
  3. AMC SHINE = Same as above but with more sheen to them. (I find the shades to be frosty, but not shimmery.)
  4. DS = Double sparkle. As the finish suggests, theres added sparkles in this satin like shades.
  5. PEARL = This is my favourite finish out of them all! These shades are mostly satin or frost like. (LOVE 'EM!)

 

Now, here's my humble haul!!

I'm sure you can tell by now exactly how much i adore the Pearl finishes. :) The shades are amazingly pigmented, applies beautifully and stays all day and night. (I find they last longer with a primer or paintpot underneath) I don't get much fallout with these though i have to warn about AMC 64, it's so pigmented that using a light hand and slowly packing on the colour works better if a strong look is not what you want. Pearl 395 is a beautiful highlight which i have used for my browbone and sometimes my cupids bow. So happy with what i picked! (Though i secretly love my mum's palette too!) Each eyeshadow pan comes with 2.3g of product and retails for RM28.
Now in the pan, AMC Blush 53 looks crazily sparkly with like a gazillion micro glitters, but when applied, it hardly even shows. I find their blushes in general are really pigmented, and because i'm pretty fair, NC20, i have to use a very,very light hand so that i don't look like some insane person with a crazy amount of blush on my cheeks. This shade is more to peach with some coral undertones. I find the blushes are a great value for money since they come in a pan with 6.5g of product and retails at RM38. Now that is ALOT of product. I wonder when i'll be able to finish this?
As you can see above, i bought the 4-pan blush palette so i could customize it as such. I apologise as i can't quite remember how much i paid for that palette.
And finally, some lip products. I grabbed 2 lipstick refills and 1 AMC lip pencil. I went for coral tones as i don't have any of that tones in my collection though the lip refill in 13 is a neutral pink shade. Each lip refills come with 1.2g of product and retails at RM22. They have a wide selection of shades and to be honest, if i didn't give myself a budget, i would have grabbed more! AMC Lip Pencil is in shade 11 and it applies matte. I find it stays on me for 8 hours at least! Now that is pretty amazing! This has 3.8g of product and is RM44.
On a random note, all of Inglot's eyeshadow, lip refills, blush pans are magnectic. :) (Yes, you don't have to go buy some magnectic strips to stick on the bottoms! Plus inglot even has the shades stuck with a sticker on the bottom too!) So if you don't want to purchase their palettes, which i find to be rather heavy, you can always purchase Z Palettes. I bought mine from Beaauty.com a while back when i had a 20% off. A large palette would cost you USD$20 while a small version would be $14. They also come in a variety of shades, from your plain black, to pink and even leopard and zebra prints!
They can roughly hold about 18 inglot eyeshadow pans or 6 blushes & 6 eyeshadows. I love how practical is it, and it definitely saves you alot of space.  It has a clear see-through cover making it easy for you to see which shades is stored, especially if you have many! Great investment!
So...i recently placed an order for more eyeshaodows from inglotusa.com and i really hope that they don't mess up my order and give me wrong items or worse, forget to pack certain items! I've just paid for shipping and i can expect to receive it by Wednesday latest, i'm literally squeeling with excitment!!!
Thanks for reading! :)
**RAHHHH!!!! I left my palette opened and Kiara has 'swatched' them all! She's now walking all over the house with a rainbow of colours on her face and hands. Oh dear!**

Comments

  1. Oh my, this is making me tempted too! haha! The colours look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaahaha i know exactly how u felt!! even my second time gng there, i was smiling so much!!
    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliza: It's really worth every last cent! Now, i'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: I was like hyperventilating! hahahaha. And Sham was like, "Babes, its just makeup, why you so excited?" Men...they will never understand. :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's