Skip to main content

Row your boat!

Hey! Hey!

I woke up remembering such a horrible dream that left me feeling hella pissed and sad. So i lazed in bed for another 30mins before finally walking out of the room to find myself greeted with something so beautiful that made me instantly feel loved and so very happy. Thank you baby for the flowers. Ain't i just the luckiest girl to have found such a wonderful man who adores and treats me like a Queen? :)

Last weekend, we spent a day on a yacht for my girlfriend's 25th birthday. Last time i was on a yacht was when i was in Perth when i was 14! So i was very excited to be on one again to enjoy the wonderful company and absorb the sun and sea. The sun was shining brightly and i'm sure everyone managed to get some tan, i on the other hand, hate getting tanned, so i was sure to pack on heaps of sunblock! I did however jump in the water for all but 15mins for a quick dip. I didn't survive long as the bites from plankton? was annoying the crap out of me. This was by far the best party i've been to and it will indeed be hard to top. :) I do hope that above all things, the WildChild herself enjoyed herself the most and we made it memorable for her. :) Love you a plenty babe! <3

On the yacht, i also received some belated birthday gifts from the Wildchild herself as well as my favourite couple, Shyna and Zam. The Wildchild and myself share a similar soft spot when it comes to cosmetics and anything that goes with it. So i was so glad to have received Sigma's Make Me Blush brush kit from her. What's funny is that, i had planned to order it for myself but decided to wait a while, she she surprised me with it. It comes with Sigma's 12 best selling brushes, and they are also in my favourite colour, Pink. :) They come in 3 other colours, purple, blue and black. A BIG thank you to you babes! I've yet to start using them, but i'm sure, it's going to take applying makeup to a whole new level. (That's how new brushes/cosmetics make me feel. haha)

Shyna and Zam on the other hand remembered my fascination with Hello Kitty, and when i unwrapped the gift, and excitedly saw that adorable Kitty staring back at me, i felt like a kid in a candy store. I don't know when my fascination with kitty started, but all i know is that i do love that damn cat! Though i love everything BUT am not as crazy for their plush toys. I don't know why? Weird much. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) I LOVE IT!

Now onto some hauling i did over the last couple of days. :) I walked pass Watsons or was it Guardian a couple of days ago with Sham and spotted that ZA was having one of their promotions for their compact powders. All the years of my using makeup, the only compact that worked with my skin well was ZA. I used MAC for a while but found that it made my skin oily and the compact just made my look somewhat cakey? I love MAC's other products, just the compacts don't work with me well. I'm good with loose setting powder though. So anyways, ZA comes out with a new case every year i believe, and i try to 'collect' them, so when i saw it, i knew, i had to get it! (I'm in shade 22 if anyone was wondering) The box comes with 2 refills in your shade, the new limited edition case, which i picked the Pink (they had the silver one too), as well as wristlet for just $33.50 (UP $60)!! I don't know if their promo is still ongoing, but i was at the one at Takashimaya. :)

So my mum informed me that The Body Shop was having a sale on their shower gels, which are originally $12.90 a bottle, but was going at $14.99 for 2 bottles, so i dragged Sham to Parkway Parade yesterday, which is the closest outlet to our home to stock up on some new bath smells! I'm a major sucker for nice shower smells. So i go a little crazy sometimes. I grabbed 4 bottles, 2 being my favourite Pink Grapefruit which just smells so heavenly and i swear, everytime i shower i wanna try to eat it. Even their soap bars are amazing, smells great, and real soapy, if you know what i mean. I also picked up their foaming cleanser which has Tea Tree oil, which is GREAT for skin! Sham actually picked this up for himself during Christmas, and i sneakily tried some and loved it! So i got a new bottle since our previous one is almost out. (I'm currently switching between this and my Fancl washing powder, which is GREAT too!)

Also, i find it remotely impossible to not walk into a Watsons when ever i see one. They always have something new, and some new promotions, and well, everything is affordable! I actually walked in to check out this Cleansing Oil my girlfriend Shyanne was telling me about. It sounds just as good as my Fancl one, and for half the price too! I did not get it, though if i'm not mistaken, its Biore's Cleansing oil which works exactly how the Fancl one does! I think its 2 pumps, rub all over your dry face (with makeup on) until your makeup dissolves!! Then just wash of with water and pat dry with a towel! Shyanne was saying how effectively it has been working for her, so i might be getting myself a bottle soon! (Of course, i still LOVE Fancl's, but for half the price? a definite MUST TRY!) I think i saw it at $16+.

So what actually caught my eye, and i immediately grabbed without a second thought, was this Hello Kitty shower gel in Raspberry. Honestly, i didn't care for the fact that it's a shower gel, i though it was a hand wash, which i will be putting at my sink as a hand wash anyways. They come in 2 colours/smells, Pink and blue. If you're a kitty fan, be sure to grab this! Just going at $6.90!! They also have a Doremon version. :) Oh how my daughter will love Hello Kitty too! (I hope!) Anyone knows where to find some Hello Kitty baby items? Please let me know yeah? :) (Tops, sweaters etc)

To end this off, i mailed out my baby shower invites to my friends a couple of days back. It's a little late, as i was initially planning to mail it out end January, first week February. Sham designed the invites, the perks of having an Art Director partner, and well, i did the diaper wrapping. It's so cute, and i felt was different from the average invite. So i hope for those receiving it hopefully tomorrow, it will put a smile on your faces!

I'm off to cook us some dinner. Curry chicken!! Woop! Woop! Hope everyone has been having an awesome weekend so far! Happy Sunday!

Toodles!

Comments

  1. Harlo. We went on a boat, not a yacht lol :p Yachts are waay bigger!

    I do need you to tell me though.. How you put borders around pictures and round the edges etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh was it? We went so long ago! And we were so young, so it seemed to big. LOL. Oh what i would give to go again!

    Hmm..oh i edit my photos using www.picnik.com first before i upload them, hence why you see the boarders, rounded edges, fonts etc. :) It's more time consuming, but i love how it becomes a little more personal then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's