Skip to main content

A year older & definitely wiser!

Unlike the past previous years, my birthday celebration was toned down by a couple of notches this year for obvious reasons. Though one thing did not change, FOOD. I love food, and i am sure food loves me just as much. Or at least the people who sell delicious food to me. Heh. Last year I decided on having Peking Duck, in which the love of my life surprised me by inviting my closest friends and brother to join, which brought me to tears.

I love Chinese cusine and i honestly feel i couldn't live without it. =) Of course, i have other loves, like Italian, Korean, Japanese etc but Chinese, that is definitely tops in my list! =)

On Friday, a day after my actual birthday, we went down to East Coast Lagoon to have some seafood together with my girls Nada & Rachel and not forgetting my better half who finally came out from his 2 week reservist to serve the nation's army. It was nice to catch up with the girls, sham that the rest could not make it, but i am sure i will see them soon! They were so sweet too! They surprised me with a cake, which was SMASHED because Rachel had put it in her bag so that i would not see it, and just so happen to be jumping when some ants where biting her legs. HAHAH. But i loved the cake! Thank you girls! It was really sweet of you two, love you both plenty! <3

Moving on, this year, i decided on Korean BBQ. I have not had it in 3 years! My last time was when i was in Perth, Western Australia. Arrirang i believe was the name of the restaurant. I loved it! I knew i just had to have it again! So i searched online and checked with friends which was the best place to go to have some delish Korean BBQ and finally decided on Jang Shou Korean BBQ at the Esplanade, even Hungry Go Where had it highly recommended!!

I had to make a reservation because not only did i have a group of 14 people, i also knew that they are ALWAYS packed, so doing a walk in on the day itself was a stupid thing to do. As usual i was late, so thank god my parents arrived earlier and seated at the table to wait for the rest. I'm quite surprised that they gave me a private room, and with that private room, we had a server who pretty much did everything for us, including barbecue our food. (I know that most tables outside were barbecuing their own food, so lucky us!) Our wonderful server's name was Kinky. Yes, you heard me right. We all had a good laugh at it especially after we asked her if she knew what it means and casually replied that the other staff at the restaurant gave her that name. :p

I didn't bring a camera on that day, so thank you to Hudah who took some and of course my better  half who took some shots as well. (Shyanne, i know you took some, so hurry upload them so i can post them up too!)

You could say they're very generous with their side dishes. As you can probably tell from the above picture, the side dishes alone, filled up the whole table!

I love how domesticated my presents are this year! A recipe book for cupcakes, and a cake mixer! HAHAHA. Who would have thought! Can't wait to start baking at home! Gonna make some cookies, brownies, cakes! Oh you name it!
Thank you to everyone of you who put aside time for my special day. It means alot to me, and i am sure you know that. So a personal shout out to Shasha, Burrell, Sketch, Shyanne, Tom, Hudah, Arjun, my parents, Jamie and my brother Jared for spending such a lovely night with me. I hope you enjoyed the food, but most of all, thank you for the wonderful company, turning a year older sure does suck, but hey, im the baby in the group! So that has got to have some perks right? :D Lastly, Thank you to the man who is the better half of me. You have been the greatest joy to have 2 years running. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's