Skip to main content

Baby Steps

I decided, with the new year that has just begun, what better way than to create a new blog, to pen down my thoughts and ideas and really, what ever that comes to mind especially now with me being pregnant. Hence the name for the blog. I think its rather cute and so true in so many ways! I will still be keeping my old blog on tumblr alive for a while i guess.(Least till i get bored of that and decide to shut it down as well.) This blog however will strictly be about my journey to mummyhood, and of course, the ramblings when our baby is born.

Being pregnant is indeed the most beautiful feeling in the world. Its weird at first, because you are not used to this new changes, but as time goes by, it just gets more exciting. From the first time you go to the doctors and get an ultrasound done, to seeing that tiny little heartbeat and later on finding out the sex of the baby. Then you start feeling the movements when your baby grows bigger, earliest stages of feeling movement and kicks would be in the 4th month, however, for me, i started feeling the movements and kicks only in the 5th month, and that, is the best feeling in the world. =)

I have to admit though, from modeling to hanging up my heels for a bit, its been tough. I've loved modeling, and everything that comes along with it for years and have passionately joined at least one competition a year. But then you sit and think, there's bigger more beautiful things that are about to take place. Since i've hanged up my heels, i sure have been packing on the pounds! From weighing just 52kg, i now weigh 60! (I am a cow...hear me "MOO") LOL.

Oh yes, most common question i have been getting is am i having a baby boy or a girl...so.......Been planning out so many things for her arrival, from picking an ideal cot, to changing bed, pram, wardrobe, her clothes. OMG! You can go crazy with buying baby clothes, all of them so cute and pretty. Sham, my partner has specifically told me not to go on mental and buy everything in PINK. It's been very hard, because for some reason, everything looks that much prettier in pink. But fine, not so much pink. But 60% pink is fine right? LOL

I'll leave you all with this for now. I'll post up pictures soon too. Thanks for reading and most importantly, sharing my journey with me too. Much love.

 

PS: If there's anything you'd like to ask, do comment. :)

Comments

  1. Hey Cheryl, congratulations!! When is she due? Can't wait to see photos of the preggie you and baby soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats hawt stuff!! A girl..yearn for One :) add up to my doubLe trouble Bananas hehe adding couple of pounds its totally allrite la, its excusable..blame the non stop hits craving mode..wat else? anything for lil ones right kerkekre nevertheless rest more work less tk care n take good ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uniza! Thanks for dropping by! :) And thank you so much! She's due come April. So excited! Just 3 more months! woohoo!!

    @Ct ~ Hey babe!! Thank you so much beautiful!!!! You want a little girl too? Please let me know when you do! We can have play dates!!! :):) And you're right, as long as its for the little one, its legally okay. haha. Hopefully i'll see you soon yeah? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's