Skip to main content

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

 

Good afternoon everyone! As the title suggest, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!! SO YAY!

Before i run off to celebrate my birthday with my family, there's a couple of things i wanted to share with everyone before i forget about it. Yesterday, I spent the day with a good friend of mine, Zohri, to have a pre-birthday celebration as he was leaving and has already left for a short gate-away to Jakarta this morning. (Second year running that you leave town during my birthday, do it a third time, and we definitely need to have words Mister!!)

I love getting my nails done, in fact, you would hardly ever catch me without painted nails. I can take hours just doing patterns on them. :) God bless the creator of Nail Polish. (Ladies, if your nail polish has started to chip off, for heavens sake, just remove everything! It's unsightly to see you trying to pick at them. I really don't know why some leave them on for so long, looks so gross.) Back to topic, I decided to get my nails done at the nail parlours. It's my birthday, i should pamper myself right? I don't go to the shops to do it often, so what the heck! Manicure Pedicure, Here I Come!!! :D And since this Katy Perry collection has just been launched, i had my fingernails shattered!

I had "Teenage Dream" as the base coat. It's a glittery pink, and it goes so well with the shatter effects as it looks sort of 3D-ish. Personally, i ain't crazy about glitter, but it just went so well together! I had to give it a try! (Sorry, I can't remember what colour I picked out for my toes, but isn't it such a pretty colour!) Here's a couple of facts you ought to know about OPI Black Shatter,

  1. You have to be very quick in applying it, it starts to 'shatter' very quickly.
  2. It dries up MATTE on your nails. So to have it look like mine, a top coat is much needed, it is also nicer. :)
  3. It dries up VERY fast. The lady doing my nails was having such a hard time keeping it 'watery'. It dries up too quick, even in the bottle, so it comes out as gunk often.

 

Personally, after seeing it  being applied on my nails in the shop, i WILL NOT be buying a bottle of it. Dries up way too fast, and i have a feeling i might end up only using half a bottle before the rest becomes gunk. For the rest of the colours, might actually get them. Pretty in so many ways. But $55 for a mani-pedi, totally worth it. So needless to say, i left a happy, pregnant woman! :D

Next up, I decided to buy myself some facial products. With the amount of money i spend on cosmetics, i ought to spend a decent amount of facial products. As much as i am always on the lookout for something cheap and good, sometimes, when it comes to facial products, cheap isn't always good. I needed to get a good makeup remover. I previously had been using Loreal Milk Make up remover. Yeah, it takes the makeup off, but it just never really did a good job. So i went on the hunt for the perfect makeup remover. I started my research about 2 months back. I searched around the internet, asked my girlfriends etc. And finally stumbled upon FANCL.

I always knew Fancl existed, just never really bothered with their products, till i started to read so many beauty bloggers and some friends raving about how good the products work! So i had to try. The one item everyone seemed to have recommended was their 'Cleansing Oil'. How it was gentle well was very thorough in taking off all your makeup. So i popped myself into their store located at Takashimaya and got myself a bottle. While there, i saw their 'Washing Powder' facial wash, and decided to give it a try as well since they sell it in half a bottle. It really is in powder form!

I tried both products when i got home last night, and i am so amazed! The cleansing oil took off all my make up! I just pumped 2 times on my hands started rubbing all over my DRY face, occasionally adding a few drops of water until everything was slowly dissolving! Then just wash off and pat dry. Washing my face has never been so fun until i tried the Washing Powder. Its so fun making the foams! Here's how..

My skin feels so soft after, and i love it. Fancl just might be a permanent resident in my household. :) Men can use the same Washing Powder as well, so i'm going to let Sham try it out and see if he likes it as well. Might just be as good for his skin too! Something else i really want to try is Fancl Tenseup Ex which is a drink for women to take after dinner to get firm, elastic and radiant skin. The reviews on it online has been nothing but amazing, my bestfriend's sister takes it every night as well. And she has beautiful skin. Though on some reviews, some women did not encourage pregnant women to try it out. But it's definitely on my list to get once my little princess decides to come out! :D

I think it's very important to take good care of your skin. Beauty comes with a price, and looks don't last forever, so spending that extra money on something that will be good for your skin, is worth every penny in my books!

For my readers from the US, i don't know if you have Fancl there, it's from Japan, but if you don't you can always order from Fancl should you want to get your hands on these as well.

To end this off, i'd like to share how Sephora has just launched a HELLO KITTY line! I love Hello Kitty and i think it's absolutely adorable! Check it out if you are a fan like i am! Am so tempted to order the brushes and mirror! Not crazy about the cosmetics line though.

Time to jet off, i might be running late! My little girl just started kicking! I think that's her wishing mummy a happy birthday! :)

Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's