Skip to main content

Foods for you and baby

I'm just about done making dinner, just waiting for the better half to let me know when he's on the way home so that i can make the last bit, the veggies. So that means, time to blog!! Especially when we're on food!In Singapore, its cheap to eat out on a daily basis. That is if you're opting for hawker food, and not fancy smancy restaurants, where a meal and a drink would come to a total of about $8 minimum. I think thats pretty cheap. Cooking can be very time consuming, though i love cooking, there are days when i wouldn't even bother to fry an egg. But with the neighbourhood in which i reside in, finding a healthy meal is close to impossible. My nearest place to run to for something healthier and not too oily, like a salad bar or sandwich bar would be Parkway Parade, Paya Lebar SingPost or Siglap. My healthiest food choice here would be Vegan Burg, a vegetarian fast food joint, and i dont know how healthy that really is anyways. (But they have delish food! And don't get me started on their drinks, YUMMMM!!)With Sham being quite the health junkie, he pushes me constantly to opt for a healthier choice, especially when im pregnant. You want only the best for your child no? Don't get me wrong, there are days when i just want something oily, like my favourite Black Carrot Cake or Fried Kway Teow but i try not to have it too often, i imagine my little baby choking on the oil. I know, my imagination is mad out of whack. :D So i did some research, on eating healthy. Some people have been telling me its okay to just eat how much i want when ever i want because i'm pregnant. Yes, i agree, i should eat, but if its something healthier, it would be better right? I don't want to put on too much weight while pregnant, (more than the weight your doctor tells you anyways) i want to still be on the healthy side. :) I found out also, that when you shop for groceries hungry, you tend to fill your trolly with more junk food then someone who isn't and the non-hungry person shopping for groceries tends to fill is/her trolly with more fruits, cereals, health bars etc. I totally think it's true! Because i fill my trolly with a bunch of junk food when i shop hungry! I add heaps of chocolates and chippies. I am also not one to drink lots of water, so i fill my fridge with alot of sweet drinks,it's very bad, and that's why sometimes Sham makes me drink water in front of him, so i can't run away. You need someone like him if you are anything like me. So today, i decided, out with the canned drinks, if i want something on the sweeter side, why not opt for something healthier right? and TADAH!!!!Milk is for my cereals, but JUICE! Juice is good! You can't go wrong with juice, and also i read somewhere that drinking Soy milk is very healthy. So there you are! (When my mum was pregnant with me, she drank soy milk daily, she loved it, she reckons thats the reason why i came out so fair too, especially since i'm the only fair one amongst all the siblings)Currently i'm on normal cereals, Honey Stars. Haha. But again, research proves that Cheerios is a much healthier choice. If you don't know what's Cheerios, here you go! It's impossible to get Cheerios from my neighbourhood, i told you its unhealthy here! So looks like i have to swing down to Cold Storage or something soon. Oh shoot! I forgot to buy fruits just now! :( Oh yeah, even if you're not pregnant, this would be good for you too. Being healthy isn't so hard!! :):) If you know anything else that is good, please do share!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Paper New Face 2011

Hey! Today, i bring you news about this year's New Face competition! :) For those of you who don't live here in Singapore, the New Face competition is one of the biggest modeling competitions held here. It had unearthed beauties from all walks of life and many of whom has made quite a name for themselves in the industry. It has helped so many girls shine and achieve their goals, and i am glad to say, i made it to Top 20 last year and have graduated to the very prestigious alumni of New Face girls. :) Every year since i joined the modeling industry, i entered a competition, to better myself and gain confidence. I remember i started off with Singtel Grid Girls back in 2008 and not having much confidence at all. But the New Face competition was something i had wanted to join since the age of 15. It took me another 2 years, to build up that confidence to go to the walk-in auditions and i am glad i did. (Spot me if you can!) It has been such an amazing experience for me, i learned s

My Baby's Hiccups!!

Finally managed to catch my baby's hiccups on camera! It happens so often these days. Almost every night actually. Poor little girl! I wonder, why do babies get hiccups in the womb?

Colic Horror!

A couple of days ago, we went to KK Women's and Childrens Hospital because Kiara was crying non-stop for 2 hours straight. It really broke my heart to see her cry that way. Usually i'm fine when she cries for any other thing, but seeing her tears and the pain in her eyes, was just unbearable. We were actually trying to put her to sleep, and then out of no where, started crying uncontrollably! For some reason, we totally forgot to swaddle her, that actually helps a whole lot, but it just slipped our minds, we tried gripe water too but to no avail. Sham then decided what the heck, we'll just go to the hospital. We ended up staying at the hospital till 5am! Doc gave us some drops to help with her colic, and so far so good. She's gone to bed every night without ballin' her eyes out. I can't wait till she passes 4months. They say colic is the worst in their early months. :( Anyways, on to some updates, we took her weight when we got to the hospital, guess that's